NetconVet (2017-2019) Erasmus+ Program
Project that generates a Network for future innovation of major competences in Vocational Education and Training (VET) in construction.
Designation: NETconVET. Network for future innovation of major competences in vocational education and training (VET) in construction.
Project: Belonging to the European Union Erasmus+ Program, 2017 Call, of the Key Action 2 to the Cooperation for Innovation and the Exchange of Good Practices.
Identification of the Project: 2017-1-DE02-KA202-004118.
Duration: 30 months, since 2017 September, until 2020 February.
Budget: 12.080 €.
Coordinator of the Project: Bildungszentren des Baugewerbes eV -BZB- (Germany).
Partners: Fundación Laboral de la Construcción (Spain), Vilnius Builders Training Centre (Lithuania), Open University (Netherland), Educational Research Institute (Poland), Centre IFAPME (Belgium), Sataedu (Finland), European Builders Confederation -EBC- (Belgium).
The NetconVet project is part of the context of Education and Vocational Promotion (VET) in the construction sector, mainly, and for some middle grades of VET, in general. With the work of the partners of the consortium, it is intended to achieve an application and increase the use of technology and digital tools in the VT and in the centers that are taught.
This European initiative is based on a scientific approach and takes into account teaching methods to introduce and further develop the work of learning, for example, in Dual VT systems.
Professional exchange of experiences
The main objective of NetconVet is the exchange of professional experiences with respect to the following lines:
- Building Information Modeling (BIM): from the perspective of European legal regulations, as well as the different specific national regulations.
- Work-based learning: study of the German Dual system as a success case and basis for joint improvement, benchmark to be able to adapt it in other countries (possibility or risk); pragmatic approach in the orientation of the work process, etc.
- Digitization in the VET: new key competence in context with the digital aspect, as a new trend of "learning without problems", that can be applied to the VT of construction.
- Preparation of the digital competences of students and teaching staff (teachers and VET trainers).
- Transition from VET to the labor market and responsibilities of all interested parties.
By incorporating a state of the art at the beginning of the project, the consortium aims to understand the conditions under which VET is currently carried out in the participating countries and, later, to find pragmatic practices and approaches to meet current needs and be able to define and deal with future ones.
Therefore, needs such as how to implement BIM in VET with a European approach, adjustment of learning based on labor market orientation in EU countries, or how to deal with digitization at all stages of the VET (and not only for students, but also for trainers) or the integration in the VET, are some of the aspects dealt with, among others, the NetconVet project.
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.